This trench style coat is made from a c.1900 wool stacked block quilt. Originally from the Mid-West, this quilt was made for cover and utility, pieced completely from family clothing scraps. Bold dark browns, greys and blacks of wool suiting fabrics, lined with a flannel blanket, and hand tacked with various colored yarn knots. Heavy weight batting comprised of an old blanket to provide warmth for cold winter nights.
- 5 front natural corozo buttons
- 1 breast pocket with flap with mismatch double button closure
- 2 front patch pockets with slanted flaps
- 2 sleeve plackets with buttons
- Adjustable back cinch with buttons
The wear and uniqueness of each item is original to every curated textile. Hand made in California.